2018 has been a busy year for the Viva!Health team. Here are all the articles we wrote for both online and printed media:
Vegan Food & Living magazine
- The white stuff: Which plant milk the most nutritious?
- Bird flu: How factory farming is helping spread this killer disease
- Beef up the warnings: examining the link between meat and cancer
- Born to be wild: The origins behind how wild boar became factory-farmed pigs
- Brief history of plant milks
- Do vegans need to take supplements?
- Spot on: How ditching dairy can help improve acne
- On the pulse: The lowdown on the health benefits of pulses
- The best sources of iodine on a vegan diet
- Wholefood vs Junkfood Vegans
- Vegan hospital food: Is it a basic human right?
- Dairy and health
- Antioxidants on parade
- Awesome oats
- Soya Myths special report
- Thyroid Health
- Banana Drama
- Beans and Lentils
- Building Bones
- Bountiful berries
- Vegan men - stand up and be proud!
- Rice decoded
- Protein - where do you get yours?
- Apples & Pears
- The little Known vitamin
- The magic of mushrooms
- Dried fruit
- Vegan pregnancy and children
- The gluten-free trio: Millet, buckwheat & quinoa
- Soya - friend or foe?
- What’s the Fuss about Folate?
Simply Vegan magazine
- Calcium confusion
- Vitamin B12
- Protein on Point
- Vitamin D
- Sugars, carbohydrates, fibre – what’s what?
Health in the Media
- 2018 Year of the Vegan piece on vegan stories in the news for 2018
- Vegan for January? Don’t stop now! covering an article in the Independent on reasons to stay vegan.
- Generational Health Disaster response to an alarmist article on young people ditching dairy
- Do vegans have cleaner kitchens? Yes! response piece of faecal contamination of meat and kitchens
- Thanks for making more vegans #Februdairy
- The Rise of the Vegans 2! piece on comparethemarket.com research suggesting these are 3.5 million vegans in the UK (7% of population)
- The state of the nation’s diet… response piece to the latest NDNS from PHE
- Food industry told to cut calories piece on Public Health England’s call for the food industry to cut calories by 20% by 2024. Wrote to PHE on this as well
- Porky Pies Shocker piece on the ASA’s decision not to uphold our complaint about misleading pork advert claiming pork medallions to be low-fat
- Brexit and Pus response piece on 500-page report from the Office of the United States Trade Representative about changing trade deals with the UK
- Wholefood vegan diets far exceed expectations! news story on Unite to Cure conference where several health experts highlighted the benefits of vegan diets
- Gove Losing the Plot piece on Gove’s vision for UK agriculture post-Brexit in which he sees farmers playing a central role in improving public health!
- Viva!Health defend ant-dairy ads – response to ASA ruling
- Exaggerated health benefits of eggs – setting the record straight on eggs not being a health food
- Childhood leukaemia – preventable? – article linking brand new research study to previous research, raising important questions about meat
- Dodge dementia with diet – new study shows how diet plays an important role
- Frozen vegetable scare – but who is to blame?
- Meat industry 'experts' refute the links between meat and cancer – irresponsible advice dispensed by heavily biased ‘experts’
- Study debunks low-carb diets - unless you're vegan!
- Are meat and dairy REALLY good for you? – debunking the newest flurry of headlines promoting animals foods
- Hot dog anyone? – reporting on DNA tests of meat products revealing multiple species’ DNA in many products
- Fruit, veg and nuts help combat depression
- Fat lies - don't fall for them – studies and ‘experts’ promoting and defending saturated fats being heavily criticised
- Vegan diet as a diabetes treatment – reporting on a new review
- March of the vegans – new reports state the demand for vegan food is skyrocketing and so is the number of vegans
- Red and processed meat taxes would transform healthcare – a new study modelled the positive impact of meat taxing on public health
- New Diabetes Treatment – starve or thrive? – response to new NHS treatment of 800-calorie a day regime
- Bird flu - its origins revealed
- A brief history of plant milks
- Vitamin D – the sunshine vitamin
- Vegan men – stand up and be proud!
- Iodine – get informed
- Eat your way to healthy weight
- Vegan diets and omega-3s – are we getting enough?
- Go nuts for selenium
- Soya Myths
- Probiotics – got a gut feeling?
- Vegan hospital food – food for fusspots or a human right?
- Phenomenal pulses
- Wholefood vs junkfood vegans – getting the balance right
- Do vegans need supplements?
- Antioxidants – are you getting enough?
- The little-Known vitamin
- The power of plants - Wholesome plant-based diet can considerably lower your risk of breast cancer
- Green light for soya - Growing mountain of evidence is in agreement that soya is safe and nutritious
- Lifesaving plants - Scientific review shows how and why a vegan diet can be a lifesaver
- Vegan diets prevent diabetes - Population study revealed that the more plant-based the diet, the lower the risk!
- Go nuts for your heart - New review of evidence shows that nut consumption can keep your heart healthy!
- Mamma mia, Italians approve of vegan diets! - The Italian Society of Human Nutrition published their position paper and it’s good news
- Good and bad food taxes - Subsidising plant foods and taxing animal foods would transform public health
- Pasta primo! - A new study reveals that pasta doesn’t contribute to weight gain
- Plant-based diets protect the liver - A study shows a plant-based diet offers protection whilst a meat-based one can contribute to damage
- Healthy diet, healthy hearing - A healthy, plant-based diet may have unexpected benefits – a lower risk of hearing loss!
- Fruit and veg make us happier - A study showed that the more fruit and vegetables we eat, the less likely we are to be depressed
- Green leafy goodness - A pioneering study shows that leafy greens can slow down cognitive decline with aging
- Meat link to diabetes - A comprehensive study links meat consumption to type 2 diabetes
- Toxic Bacon - A new study reveals that even small amounts of processed meat increase the risk of breast cancer
- Healthy fats, healthy hearts - The American Heart Association published an advisory on fats and heart disease to give a clear warning against saturated fats
Take Stock magazine
The vegan way to reduce fat
Fertility Road magazine
Loose the beer gut